Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Breif Fashion Week Interruption... Student Gifts!

Good Morning!

Please excuse the interruption to our regularly scheduled Fashion Show... but I'm sure you'll understand since I'm sharing an end of school project idea before the end of the year... hopefully!

A friend of mine needed some help getting some little goodies made for her husbands students, she'd been perusing Pinterest and found a few ideas that she liked so we got to work and made some super cute treats that any 5th grader would enjoy...


We were lucky and found the Pop Rocks at the Dollar Tree, three in a pack!  What!?  I know, fantastic!  I had the cello bags, she had the orange and yellow shred and I had my AWESOME Silhouette to format the toppers!


Using my Silhouette, I found a cool guitar graphic and changed it from a cut file to a print file, adding the colors that we wanted to be bright and cheerful.  I then grabbed a pinking square file and used that for my bag topper, sizing it to be 5" wide to fit on the bags.  I then added the wording, the most time consuming part was formatting "Rocked" because I had to do each letter individually so that I could have different colored outlines.  We first had the "ROCKED" letters solid, but it looked a little juvenile, so we switched to just the outline and bam!  We were feeling rocked! 

I printed the toppers, then put them into my Silhouette Cameo and cut the toppers - so easy and fun!  You could do something similar with a word processor program and some boarder punches!  And don't forget, the Pop-Rocks and Cello bags are from the Dollar Tree - can't get much more economical than that!

Have a great one!
Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Any chance you have the file that you used for the topper for this? I would love to print these for my students who are finishing 5th grade next week! If so, please e-mail me, ake5021@gmail.com. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete