Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fashion Week Interuption - End of School Teacher Gift

Good Morning!

Lil' A Fashion Week will resume tomorrow... today I'm sharing a great gift idea for a special teacher's end of the year gift!

Remember my friend who needed help putting together Student gifts for her husbands class?  Well, since we were at it, we made a cute tag for the gifts to his partner teachers!  Why not?  They'd seen an idea on Pinterest (yes, if I had a quarter every time I said 'Pinterest'...) using a gift card, fun tumbler and summer items (towels, magazines, cd's) with a cute tag, so I grabbed my computer and started formatting the tag using my Silhouette software - I tell you, if you're on the fence between a Silhouette or a Cricut, I'd urge you to look long and hard at the Silhouette - I use mine all the time for a WIDE variety of projects!  It's simple to use, simple to customize and can do just about everything that you want!

 
Now, my favorite part of the gift is the super cute sunglasses chip clips that they found at Target in the $1 Bins, which is what she used to attach the tag to the gift.
 
 
I found a sun cut file in my Silhouette account and since it was already outlined in a circle, I went with that.  I did change the sun a little, it originally had each ray separate, so that there was space between the rays and the circle of the sun, but I didn't think that would look good with the writing, so I attached each ray to the sun and melded all the shapes.
 
 
I again changed all of my cut files to print files, except for the circle, and added all my wording.  That's it!  I simply printed the tags and then used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the tags.  I did add the pink rhinestones because there's never a reason to not add a little bling! 
 
That's it!  A cute, easy and thoughtful gift for your child's teacher or a friend!  You could even give it to a to a baby sitter or care giver that watches your child during the school year!
 
That's it!  Have a great day!  See you tomorrow with the return of Lil' A's Fashion Week!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment