Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 7, 2013

Zuc'n It Up... Zucchini Pizza Bites

Good Morning!
 
 
More zucchini!  Yay!  This recipe is super quick, super yummy and I felt so good giving it to Adam as a pre-game snack!
 
(photo courtesy of dolcemente via Pinterest)
 
I saw the photo above (on Pinterest, of course!) and figured... "I can do that!"  I never even looked at the site until I went to get the address so I could reference it, and I realized it's all in Italian!  But here's what I did...
 
Zucchini Pizza Bites
 
1 lg zucchini, rinsed and dried, cut into thick slices (about .5" thick)
Marinara Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
Salt
Italian Seasoning
 
Grab your sliced zucchinis and spring salt on them, set aside for 10 min to remove excess liquid.
 
Turn on your broiler.  Line a baking sheet or broiler pan with foil, grease with EVOO or butter.
 
Grab a slice of zucchini and spoon a good amount of marinara sauce on top.  Make sure to cover the entire top of your zucchini.
 
Sprinkle some of your shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top... we're BIG cheese fans so we had that bad boy covered!
 
Sprinkle a little Italian seasoning on top, you decide how heavy you want it!
 
Repeat on all zucchini slices.
 
Place the zucchini slices on your greased broiler pan and place under broiler.  I watched mine, they took about 5 minutes to cook in my oven, but you should really watch it so that they don't burn! 
 
Remove from oven as soon as the cheese is bubbly and light brown... yum!  Eat as soon as you can bare to, they're super good while warm and you don't even think about the fact that you're eating a zucchini pizza!  I made these for my little A as a snack before his tball game and I think it gave him the extra umph he needed to play hard and stay concentrated!
 
Happy zucchini eating!
Have a great weekend!
Andrea 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment